01 December 2009

Uncles

This Thanksgiving we got to spend time with my (Heather's) brother Andrew. One of the things that I love to watch in my children is how they take to their extended family. We don't get to see many of our family members very often, but the kids seem to just pick up where things left off, even if it was a year since they last saw someone... a trait that is comforting to me as we approach living at an even greater distance from family.

I especially love to watch Faith and Joel with their Uncles. The kids are blessed to have three (crazy-but-not-too-crazy!) uncles that love to spend time with them and love to have fun with them. The picture above is just a small snapshot of that. Andrew rode around the backyard on a bicycle with Faith on his shoulders for almost a whole afternoon! The delight on Faith's face was just priceless. What a blessing our family is for our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment