07 June 2011

This is Africa

Every so often we're reminded that we're in Africa.  For example... last night I was sitting at the kitchen table and the lights started doing this every 10 seconds... for about 30 minutes!






When I got home from school this afternoon, Heather asked me to take care of a skink that was under a basket in the living room.  I couldn't find it.  Tonight I went for a run and when I came back in and closed the curtains, I found this guy.

I tried catching him, which would have made a really great youtube video - especially the part where I was standing on the couch tentatively reaching up to grab him and he leaped from the curtain onto me - but we'll just have to settle for this.  It's still pretty hilarious... as close to a viral hit as I'm ever bound to come.  He's outside now.  


        

No comments:

Post a Comment