20 January 2012

Dear Tooth Fairy...

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I know that we live all the way over here in Kenya, but it would be really great if you could make the trip when Faith loses her teeth.  She so carefully and thoughtfully places them under her pillow before she goes to bed.  She's lost five teeth now and every morning when she wakes up we hear "MoooOOOM!"  In fact, while she's sleeping here, there aren't any kids sleeping over there in North America, so you can't be too busy, right?

She's got a few more teeth to lose, so we'd appreciate an effort on your part to make a more consistent appearance around here.  Before you know it, you'll have to be keeping up with Joel and Aaron.  You've got some time to improve your record.

Thanks,
Faith's Parents










Ooooohhhh, wait.

Shoot.  There are some of these parenting things that are just too much for us to handle.  The shillings-under-the-pillow thing is definitely one of them.

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is big enough to be losing teeth! How time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's hard to believe we'll be doing this with Joel next year. And Aaron's almost got some of his first popping through!

      Delete
  2. the tooth fairy is notoriously unreliable 'round these parts too. i find that if i leave her a giant reminder note, she can bat about .333, but mostly i think she's in dire need of an administrative assistant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an assistant would be nice! I said to Jim today that we just needed to start a new tooth tradition, maybe that would help!

      Delete
  3. our tooth fairy visits while the kids are at the kitchen table having breakfast:)! she still visits (kids age 9 &11) and now they don't expect anything until after breakfast is gone and then they remind me "mom you forgot to be the tooth fairy last night"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! So glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for the cards, by the way, you did a wonderful job! I'm glad to have them.

      Delete
  4. Heeheeheeheehee! That's funny. That will definitely be us. I can barely remember to brush the girls' teeth at night!

    When I was a kid, we didn't put our teeth under the pillow. It's not that we didn't have a "Tooth Fairy." It's just that Grandpa paid better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you know this, but my mother did not believe in teaching us anything mythical or that could compete with our worship of Jesus so that meant no tooth fairy as well as no Santa or Easter Bunny. I'm actually surprised that we got to dress up (as cute things only) for Halloween. I remember bringing up to my mom (when I was about 8) that while I know the tooth fairy isn't real, I would still like to get the money that the other kids get. She agreed, so I would give her my teeth and she'd give me a quarter. I love your creative writing, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete