13 October 2009

Maasai Jim


It's homecoming week at Woodland Park High School. Like many schools, they have "spirit week" complete with a dress-up theme each day. This is our fourth homecoming with Jim as a sponsor, and keeping with tradition, we figured out a last-minute way to get Jim dressed up for "International Day".

All the fabric I bought in Kenya six years ago came in handy! Jim is wearing a Maasai "shuka" (aka. our picnic blanket) like a Maasai warrior or elder would wear. He is wearing a t-shirt and jeans underneath, which is not authentic, but fulfills the high school dress code! Here's a picture I took six years ago: we'll have to collect some accessories for Jim on this next trip!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog and coming out of the shadows! I'm excited to know you are on your way and I can't wait to meet your sweet family! We are in the final push now and it is crazy but wonderful too. I'll be following you as you start your journey too!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete