19 May 2010

MOPS, part 2

Not only was it my last MOPS meeting, but it was the last for a number of other people too.  We have quite a few moms moving away from the area this spring, and quite a few ready for the next stage in life... the school years.  But the meeting really focused on one mom who was moving on, and that was Amy, our coordinator.  She has headed up our MOPS program for the last three years, and served on leadership for many years before being coordinator.  She has been an amazing leader for our program, and through her efforts, many women have been encouraged and experienced the love of Christ.  It was a wonderful meeting that honored Amy and what she has done in our community.  

One special event of the morning was the cardboard testimonies that many moms participated in.  They describe who they were before and after MOPS, or before and after of being a mother.  Many of them are rather powerful, and I believe it's worth the six minutes to watch.  It was really awesome to see the incredible stories God knitted for each and every one of these women.  


If the resolution is too small to read the signs, you can also view the video here.  Make sure you load it in HD.

I am so thankful for MOPS and it is bittersweet to say goodbye to this part of my life, but I am so grateful for how it has prepared me for this next part!  Thank you Amy!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Amy and a beautiful testimony to the power of the MOPS commmunity! Thank you so much for sharing this video! I love you guys and miss you all so much. I am hoping to find a new MOPS group to join in the fall, but will always have a special place in my heart for the WP MOPS group as I know you will, too.

    ReplyDelete