17 April 2009

Snow Day!!


Today we got the first snow day of the year! God has great timing. I (Jim) really needed the break. It was great to spend some time at home with the kids after having been either away from home or taking care of sick family for the past 4... maybe more weekends... I suppose the worst of it was that two of those weekends were spent away from home WHILE taking care of sick family. But, this morning at 5:00 the call came. The unplanned day off has been a real treat and has really allowed me to refocus on some of the more important things in life in the midst of a really hectic (and long) closing stretch of the school year. I was able to take a couple of Bible classes, spend time playing with the kids, catch up on some house-work and (of course) shovel lots of really heavy slush-snow. Now Joel who didn't nap today because of a little too much excitement over the move to a toddler bed yesterday is sleeping in one arm and I'm typing one handed! I doubt we'll have any timely snow days in Kijabe, but God WILL provide one way or another. (just for kicks... you can see what it looks like at RVA right now)


Joel after the hand-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment