14 May 2009

A change of plans...

This week is our big Munchkin Market sale that my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group puts on to help fund our program. (It's HUGE...I'll take pictures tonight to show you!) Our leadership team works all day Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to pull off this event. This is my fourth sale, so Jim and I really have the schedule down pat. This time, we sent the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and although we knew we would both be busy, Jim with the end of school, and me with the sale, we'd still have a few moments to enjoy the quiet, and get some house things done!

Back up a little to last week, I started getting sick on Thursday, then by mother's day, I was pretty much bed ridden, being pampered for all the wrong reasons! I haven't gotten better very quickly: I was sent home early yesterday to rest, which I did, and I'm showing up late today.

It's frustrating to me, because in my mind, this would be a great time to serve our MOPS group, a great time for Jim to get some work done on the house, a great time for us to have a date Friday, a great time to spend my moments at home cleaning...a clean that wouldn't be undone 5 minutes later, and a great time for renewal. And now, I am home instead of at the church, I don't feel so great, and I think it's just getting messier, and I don't have toddlers to blame it on!

I guess I'm really feeling God's calling to slow down and rest even though my list isn't being checked off. And maybe I'll FINALLY read this book a great friend gave me last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment