06 June 2009

A Thousand Questions

This video was shown at the future missionaries retreat last week following a devotional by Matt Macy, a Friends Youth coordinator. It was originally made by the Willow Creek Church (Chicago area) last year. I (Heather) really like the creativity in the video...it's a little more than the normal churchy missions video, a little longer too, so hang in there.

It raises the questions we all struggle with concerning the hurt that seems so rampant all over the world. I felt myself wrestle right along with the questions as the video played. However, by the end, there really is a clear answer... a peace. Not a happy, painless peace, but a peace about our calling as Christians: that we were created to love others... all around us, all over the world. Not to fix, but to love, to share our hope in Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I was definitely crying by the end. A little too intense/stimulating for me at first, but the end made it worth it

    ReplyDelete